The Adoption Awareness Coalition, convened by Adoption Network Cleveland: The Ohio Family Connection, is an alliance of agencies and organizations committed to promoting understanding and visibility of adoption in Northeast Ohio and beyond. The Coalition works to:
- promote stability of children and families
- raise public awareness about adoption and children waiting for adoption
- provide educational programs for adoptive, foster families and professionals
The Adoption Awareness Coalition currently offers a quarterly learning community opportunity that utilizes Coalition members’ strengths and professional backgrounds to facilitate an open discussion around a topic, or a mini-training or workshop that the group finds relevant to their work.
Our next Adoption Awareness Coalition Learning Community Workshop will be on October 25, 2019 at Southpointe Hospital, "Making Sense of Sensory Processing Disorders." Download the flyer and registration form or register online.
If your organization is interested in joining the Adoption Awareness Coalition, the cost of an annual membership is minimal—$150 a year (January - December)—less than $.50 a day.
Membership comes with many benefits, including 10 free registrations for member agency staff and families to the quarterly Learning Community workshops, as well as all of the benefits of the $100 regular Organizational Membership.
For more information about joining the Adoption Awareness Coalition or about trainings that are offered, contact Jennifer Zisk-Vitron, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 482-2320.
Adoption Awareness Coalition members
- Adoption & Attachment Therapy Partners
- Adoption Network Cleveland
- Adoption Circle Inc.
- Adoption Health Services—Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Building Blocks Adoption Services, Inc.
- Caring for Kids, Inc.
- Cleveland Catholic Charities
- Family & Community Services, Inc.
- National Youth Advocate Program, Inc.
- Ohio Guidestone
- Open Arms Adoptions
- Stark County Job and Family Services
- Summit County Children's Services
- Trumball County Children Services
- Wingspan—Applewood Centers