The Adoption Awareness Coalition, convened by Adoption Network Cleveland: The Ohio Family Connection, is an alliance of agencies and organizations committed to promoting understanding and visibility of adoption in Northeast Ohio and beyond. The Coalition works to:
- promote stability of children and families
- raise public awareness about adoption and children waiting for adoption
- provide educational programs for adoptive, foster families and professionals
The Adoption Awareness Coalition currently offers a quarterly learning community opportunity that utilizes Coalition members’ strengths and professional backgrounds to facilitate an open discussion around a topic, or a mini-training or workshop that the group finds relevant to their work.
If your organization is interested in joining the Adoption Awareness Coalition, the cost of an annual membership is minimal—$150 a year (January - December)—less than $.50 a day.
Membership comes with many benefits, including 10 free registrations for member agency staff and families to the quarterly Learning Community workshops, as well as all of the benefits of the $100 regular Organizational Membership.
For more information about joining the Adoption Awareness Coalition or about trainings that are offered, contact Jennifer Zisk-Vitron, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 482-2320.
Adoption Awareness Coalition members
- Adoption & Attachment Therapy Partners
- Adoption Network Cleveland
- Adoption Circle Inc.
- Adoption Health Services—Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Building Blocks Adoption Services, Inc.
- Caring for Kids, Inc.
- Cleveland Catholic Charities
- Family & Community Services, Inc.
- National Youth Advocate Program, Inc.
- Ohio Guidestone
- Open Arms Adoptions
- Stark County Job and Family Services
- Summit County Children's Services
- Trumball County Children Services
- Wingspan—Applewood Centers