Join the Network
From the beginning, Adoption Network Cleveland: The Ohio Family Connection has been a membership organization that includes adoptees, birthparents, prospective and current adoptive and foster parents, professionals, and anyone else connected to or with an interest in adoption and foster care issues. Through our members, we can present a unified voice in our public policy efforts, create a community where multiple perspectives are shared, and more effectively raise the community’s awareness about adoption, child welfare, and genetic identity topics, and how public policy impacts our community.
We depend on our members to give us feedback and to let us know what additional services they need. Many of our longstanding volunteers and donors started out as members who found ways to become even more connected to the mission of Adoption Network Cleveland. Please consider joining us at a level meaningful to you!
As a part of the Adoption Network Cleveland, all membership levels receive:
- Connection to a community of caring people who understand and support you in your adoption journey, every step of the way
- Subscription to our e-newsletter, The Hub, including event information, calendar, stories, photos, and information on issues
- Discounts and advanced notice on programs and events
- A voice in Ohio public policy issues affecting adoption and foster care through our political advocacy efforts
- Borrowing privileges to our Resource Library of books and movies
- Unlimited attendance at support and discussion meetings including General Discussion Meetings and Family Ties Parent & Youth Groups
Additionally, by becoming a member, your support helps us provide a variety of low cost or no-cost programs including:
- General Discussion Meetings - There are multiple meetings held monthly throughout Ohio and a virtual online meeting, visit the webpage for dates, times, and locations.
- Helpline – Phone and email service available from Monday – Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm
- Birthparent Services - One-on-one peer support and our annual Birthmother's Day Ceremony
- Community and Educational Events – Building community for adult adoptees, birthparents and siblings, adoptive families, professionals, and others
- Family Education, Support & Outings - Connection for adoptive, kinship, and foster families with a community of families who understand
- Public Policy Advocacy - Advocacy for ethical practices in adoption and foster care
- Community Outreach - Community awareness campaigns and media outreach
For individuals involved in search, our experienced Search Specialist provides individualized guidance, technical expertise, and emotional support throughout your search and beyond. Our organization has more than 30 years of experience with searches and advocacy for the adoption constellation. Our holistic, professional approach includes well-trained, compassionate staff who are held to a high standard of accountability and are respectful of all parties involved. Learn more about the Search Assistance program and what it offers. Before purchasing a search membership, please contact our Search Specialist to learn more about how we can assist with your search at (216) 482-2323.
Active Volunteer Memberships
Active Volunteer Memberships are for individuals currently volunteering at Adoption Network Cleveland, including board members, committee members, search and general discussion meeting volunteers, and event volunteers, among others.
Student Memberships are limited to individuals currently enrolled in secondary or post-secondary education.
Who are the members of Adoption Network Cleveland?
Anyone is welcome as a member of Adoption Network Cleveland and people join the organization for a variety of reasons.
Meet some of our members through their stories
Membership fees are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law. We recognize that not everyone may be able to purchase a membership at one of the set membership levels – sliding-scale or payment plans are available for those needing assistance. We will not turn anyone away from services due to an inability to pay.
For more information on joining Adoption Network Cleveland, contact:
Margaret Currie, Development Coordinator